FELLOWSHIP FOR TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH RESEARCH
The intent is high impact clinically relevant translational research outcomes will be generated by the designated Fellow.
Amount and Duration
$150,000 maximum per year of salary support.
Two (2) years, with potential for a third year of salary support.
Please note: the P.S.I.F. Fellow is eligible to apply to the Foundation’s Health Research program for an operating grant.
How to Apply
Please contact your academic institution for further information on how to apply.
Application Deadline: the Foundation must receive all applications from your academic institution, both PDF and signed hardcopy, by Monday, November 26, 2012. Your academic institution will have an internal due date - please contact your research office for this information.
Please note: do not send an application directly to the Foundation.
Maximum applications per university medical faculty are two (2) per year of eligible candidates.
Eligibility of Principal Investigator (PI)
The principal investigator/applicant must be either:
- Within five (5) years of their first academic appointment, and have demonstrated potential for high impact research work
- Dedicate at least 50% of a full-time schedule to the Fellowship
- A practising physician having direct patient care responsibilities and eligible to apply for his/her own research grants as an independent investigator
A fellow who is a practising physician having direct patient care responsibilities and who has a supervisor for the research project. The supervisor must have an academic appointment and provide the necessary research supervision and infrastructure.
Ineligible Principal Investigators/Applicants
Applications will not be considered from:
- Resident named as the PI/Applicant
- Individuals who hold a Ph.D but not an M.D.
- Individuals based outside of Ontario
For more information, please contact the P.S.I. Foundation at (416) 226-6323, or visit or visit our website, www.psifoundation.org, for the P.S.I.F. Fellowship for Translational Health Research Guidelines.
OTHER FUNDING PROGRAMS
The P.S.I. Foundation offers other funding programs for residents and physicians:
- Health Research Grants
- Healthcare Research by Community Physicians
- Educational Fellowships for Practising Physicians
- Resident Research Grants
For more information about other funding programs, please contact the P.S.I. Foundation or visit our website at www.psifoundation.org.
- PSI Foundation
- 1006-5160 Yonge Street
- Toronto, Ontario
- M2N 6L9
Although the Foundation does not solicit funds, as a charitable organization, it is able to accept donations or bequests and to provide receipts for tax purposes.