Information for Residents
- The Physicians’ Services Incorporated (PSI) Foundation is a non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting medical research in Ontario.
- The Foundation offers residents the opportunity under the Resident Research Program to apply as the principal investigator for a peer reviewed grant.
- The Resident Research Program offers grants to a maximum value of $20,000 and a maximum duration of two years.
- Eligibility is determined by:
- Salary as a Resident is provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Registered in a recognized program leading to certification by the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons or the College of Family Physicians. Residents in Royal College programs by accreditation without certification are also eligible.
- Registered as a post-graduate student at the university where residency training is being taken.
- Application forms and guidelines, and submission deadlines are available on our website at www.psifoundation.org.
- You can also call our head office at 416-226-6323 for additional information.
- The PSI Foundation has a House of Delegates. The House of Delegates is comprised of representatives elected by the OMA’s Branch Societies.
- If you would like to get involved with the Foundation once your residency has ended, please contact your Branch Society.